Recurrent Energy will build 150 MW solar power system with 180 MWh battery storage
Post date: 30/10/2018 - 18:29
Recurrent Energy Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Solar Inc., has signed two 15-year power purchase agreements (PPA) with Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power for a 150 MWac solar power system with 180 MWh of battery storage. According to the company, »this joint procurement effort represents the largest contracted solar-plus-storage project in California to date.« The partnership resulted from a joint procurement process that Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power launched in September 2017 to source cost-effective, renewable power for their respective communities.
Power will be supplied from Recurrent Energy's Slate photovoltaic-plus-storage project to be built in Kings County, California. The project is scheduled to reach commercial operation in 2021, providing Silicon Valley Clean Energy with 55 percent of the energy, and Monterey Bay with the other 45 percent of the combined output. The project's lithium-ion battery component is 45 MW nameplate with 180 MWh of energy capacity, allowing for four hours of flexible energy delivery.