Powertis and Aquila Capital will jointly development 750 MW solar projects in Italy
Post date: 08/01/2021 - 10:10
Spanish Powertis SA, belonging to Soltec Power Holdings and specializing in large-scale photovoltaic solar projects in Brazil, Italy and Spain, has sealed an agreement with German investment company Aquila Capital Concepts GmbH for the development in Italy of photovoltaic solar energy projects totaling up to 750 MW. Aquila purchases 51 percent of project equity, with the remaining 49 percent still remains in the hands of Powertis until the Ready to Build (RTB) phase or Commercial Operation Date (COD). Aquila has also entered into a call option for the remaining 49 percent.
The agreement also ensures that Soltec Energías Renovables will secure certain rights for the supply of solar trackers for these projects, as well as the hiring of project construction and design works (EPC).