Grenergy acquires US company Sofos Harbert Renewable Energy
Post date: 16/02/2023 - 11:56
Spanish renewable energy company Grenergy Renovables SA has fully acquired Sofos Harbert Renewable Energy, a Birmingham, Alabama-based company specializing in engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and project development of solar power plants. Clenergy had already acquired a 40 percent stake in Sofos Harbert last February, and on Tuesday (Feb. 14) the company announced the acquisition of the remaining 60 percent. Sofos Harbert is to become Grenergy’s U.S. subsidiary under the name Grenergy US.
Sofos Harbert is currently pursuing a 1.9 gigawatt project pipeline, according to Grenergy. The company was formed in 2017 as a partnership between Spain’s Sofos Energía (acquired by French energy group Engie in 2021) and U.S.-based BL Harbert International.